Child Safety-Back To School
Its almost back to school time. We want to make sure that it’s a safe start for the young children in our area.Texarkana, Texas Police have released some ideas to keep your kids safe as we enter the new school year.
1. If your children walk to school they should be in a group
2. Children walking should follow the same routes and stay out of areas that they cannot be seen.
3. Wear light colored clothing to be seen in early morning hours.
4. Walkers should stay off roadway if possible, walk facing traffic
5. Make sure children pay attention to surroundings and strangers.
6. Tell your children to not play games or dart into traffic.
7. If you drive your kids, make sure you drop them off at proper spot.
8. Do not drop them off where they have to cross street thru traffic without a traffic guard.
9. Make sure that children know to look for cars if they have to cross any street or parking lot.